ADAPTING TO THE CHANGING CX LANDSCAPE
8:30 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND WELCOME COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:15 am CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKSMelissa Harris - CEO and Founder Telecom Training Corporation
9:15 am - 9:45 am KEYNOTE: TAPPING AI - THE FUTURE OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCEJustin Reilly - Head of Customer Experience Innovation Verizon
Learn how to maintain a competitive advantage in a world of vast automation via AI, though preserving human touch and keeping up with generation Z and Y trends. You will leave this session with a clear understanding of how to move towards an AI First strategy, build Cognitive Product, hire the next generation of talent, and harness the power of machine learning to drive business value.
- What will CX look like in 2025?
- How to utilize AI to be one step ahead of your competition
- Separating facts from hopes and dreams
- What’s going wrong with the AI hype cycle?
- The future of supervised & unsupervised learning
- Building Cognitive First teams
Justin ReillyHead of Customer Experience Innovation
9:45 am - 10:15 am BLOCKCHAIN FOR TELCOS – CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIESDaniel Herb - Director, IoT T-Mobile US
The future of massively connected IoT devices looks very near to some of us following the 5G roll out and it’s bringing with it some challenges that our current models don’t solve well. Blockchain offers a tantalizing promise of an integrated service offering to create a highly secure, low cost, over-the-air service for managing products across the ownership, location, and status of the product lifecycle.
- What is it specifically blockchain can do for telecoms?
- What are the implications for business processes and the customer on the front end?
- Implications of blockchain for IoT device roaming
- How is blockchain being utilized in the modern day?
- How do we monetize it?
Daniel HerbDirector, IoT
10:15 am - 11:00 am BLOCKHAIN SOLUTIONS PROOF OF CONCEPT: 2018 REALITYPritesh Patel - SVP and COO GIA
Wondering if blockchain is just a hype, a bit too far reach to be an integrated business solution? Hear from the SVP & COO of GIA on how they are making blockchain a reality for improving consumer experiences, enhancing trust and providing traceability in 2018. Pritesh will focus on pre-implementation considerations and post-implementation user benefits of this tech evolution.
You will have 15 minutes for Q&A to address your concerns regarding practical E2E implementation, risk management and business and society impact.
Pritesh PatelSVP and COO
11:00 am - 11:30 am MORNING BREAK AND NETWORKING
11:30 am - 1:00 pm WORKSHOP: MAXIMIZING BUSINESS SUCCESS: BALANCING CUSTOMER CENTRICITY AND INNOVATION IN THE NEW ERA OF CXSteve Towers - CEO BP Group
The importance of changing customer needs, anticipating and articulating them, linking those to business strategy and technology integration, and installing an overall customer-centric culture within organizations is now central to business success for global leading companies.
In this session, we will introduce a powerful technique that will immediately reveal opportunities to reframe the customers’ wants and needs with the ‘how to’ for the organization to action them, based on establishing a sustainable customer-centric culture. Tried, tested and proven in companies like Apple, Zara, Zappos and Emirates this approach may just be the difference you are looking for that differentiate you from the ‘also-rans’.
We will cover:
- Understand that the way we think about how we do work is wedded to a different time and place
- Identify the key components of the customer age within a logical meaningful framework.
- Determine the elements that will enable everyone within the business to align towards successful customer outcomes
- Connect the dots of emerging customer needs through technology and capability to everything the organization does
- Deliver a constructive set of measures, from the boardroom to the lunch room, that enables the organization to move ‘Outside-In’ with immediate impact
And yes, all this within 90 minutes. But wait, there’s more! You will walk away with the beginnings of the Accredited Customer Experience Masters (ACXM) qualification, plus a copy of Steve’s best-selling book on this theme – “Outside-In, The secret of the 21st century leading companies”. A storybook of those implementing successful employee enabled customer centricity.
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: TECH INNOVATION IN CX – HELPING OR HINDERING CX OUTCOMES?Melissa Harris - CEO and Founder Telecom Training Corporation
Sherrie Simmons - Founder and Principal Consultant SIMS Consulting Group
Chitra Unnikrishnan - Manager, CEM and Digital Adoption Koodo Mobile
Brooke Pruter - VP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations Comcast
Technology is an inseparable aspect of modern CX, which allows us to deliver a proactive personalized experience and reach out to a greater number of people. However, the more we integrate technology, the more skepticism arises regarding the negative consequences of such transformation.
Hear the discussion about most common arguments made for and against the rising use of tech innovation in customer experience management.
- How do we optimize CX using robotics, at the same time maintaining the human touch?
- Does innovation creating job opportunities or is robotics taking over the work force?
- How do we use technology to empower the front line, ensuring they are equipped with the right skills and knowledge to use it to the full extend?
- Analytics: does it help us find out what our customers want or give us false hope?
Sherrie SimmonsFounder and Principal Consultant
SIMS Consulting Group
Chitra UnnikrishnanManager, CEM and Digital Adoption
Brooke PruterVP, Customer Service Strategy & Operations
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm A DISRUPTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE MODEL FOR A FUTURE-PROOF SUCCESSChitra Unnikrishnan - Manager, CEM and Digital Adoption Koodo Mobile
Koodo Mobile has remained an industry leader in the wireless category, backed by multiple J .D. Power wins over the last 10 years. A distinct approach to customer experience, centered around ‘design thinking’ principles is at the heart of the success. Learn how you can adopt some of these insights for your business strategy:
- Make effort reduction and NPS a part of the brand DNA, not just a metric measured by your research team
- Eliminate up to 50% of calls to improve your bottom-line margins
- Leverage AI, tech innovation and customer centricity for a win-win outcome
Chitra UnnikrishnanManager, CEM and Digital Adoption
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm USING EMOTION TO BUILD HIGH VALUE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS IN THE DIGITAL ERALola Akinyinka - Global Head of Digital Experience Digicel Group
Creating an emotional connection with your customers has always been the key to customer loyalty, even more so in the new tech driven era of customer experience, but is it scalable? In this session we seek to address this issue, and help demonstrate how to create high value customer relationships irrespective of scale.
Key discussion points include:
- Understanding the power of emotions in consumer decisions and how this can be measured
- Sparking customer interaction through a variety of touch-points
- Finding ways to resonate with your customer
- Tailoring content and communication to specific emotions
Lola AkinyinkaGlobal Head of Digital Experience
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm FOCUS GROUP: ADDRESSING THE TABOO: WHERE DOES OTT COMMUNICATION FIT IN THE MOBILE ECO-SYSTEM?Jonathan Lin - Head of Product & Business Development Ultra Mobile
Over the last 4-5 years, OTT providers like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Apple Facetime, WeChat, Line, Hike, and others have been growing their subscriber base in record numbers by offering free calling and messaging communication that ride on top of our networks.
What are carriers doing about this as they continue to erode our margins and make their services more integrated into everyday life? Are OTT providers, who leverage our networks, a threat to our business or should we embrace and agree to a co-opetition model that can benefit both sides?
- Should we embrace OTT communications application providers who are using our networks to essentially compete against and devalue our own core business?
- Is there any way to create a logical co-operation with them or has that ship already sailed?
- Facebook/ WhatsApp/ WeChat and others have made significant progress with their messaging apps over the last few years. What could have we done more over the last 5 years? Can we build our own cooperative OTT eco-system to compete against the fragmented app2app OTT communications eco-system the way we all agreed to interop years ago for SMS?
- Messaging apps don’t take up nearly as much data usage or bandwidth as streaming video/ music/ etc. But what happens when calling/messaging communications evolve overnight into video communications?
Jonathan LinHead of Product & Business Development
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm FOCUS GROUP: BIG DATA ANALYTICS - KNOWING AND RESPECTING YOUR CUSTOMERMelissa Harris - CEO and Founder Telecom Training Corporation
In this roundtable discussion session explore the biggest challenges around using data analytics to deliver a proactive CX.
- Making use out of Big Data: How to ensure you create accurate results and use representative sampling
- Managing responsibility over customer data: building proactive CX delivery taking into consideration the privacy of your customers
- How to handle customer data in the era of high customer awareness
- How to make your customer trust you